Thursday, October 28, 2010

Just Like You



YES

I stand in five inch stillettos
with equally long lashes.

Hair extensions flow down my back
like the lovely river of the nile,
riding the curvature of my back
like a soft tidal wave.

Lips lined in crimson red,
making the brightest roses a bit envious.

Teeth whitened,
playing hide and seek,
peeping,
between the crimson red

a smile more alluring than that of the Mona Lisa.

My jeans embrace my butt and thighs
as if to say "I'll love you forever".

All eyes are affixed
as I stand behind the podeum.

Standing there....
thoughts racing like horses
my teeth clenched,
words caged...
sentenced "LIFE"

As I stand
they only see,
veiwing me as some modelesque display

and I stand
looking back at them,
judging me
as I stand physically superfical
and them with their afros and earth tones.

They cant fathom the electric complexity that transmits through my brain or
the hidden beauty I in "simple" things,
they couldn't dream of my magic ways with words and I delicately paint the most vivid pictures with them like how:

The sun rays caress her skin
and melt within
like home-made butter
her lover,
he stares,
none other can compare,
the love that they share like
a kindergarten boy with his cars,
or a little girl with her colors, saying
you be red and I'll be blue,
together we will make purple:-)

They can see that,
they couldn't hear that,
all they see is:

My relaxed hair,
evey strand perfectly placed,
the colors stratigically applied to my face...

YES
I'm relaxed,
I'm made up,
I am confident,
Like you.
I am beautiful,
just as I am....

"Just as I am"
I say taking my hands to showcase myself, my body, my jeans, my perm, my reds, blues, pinks and purples...I am colorful.....

Nevertheless I am....

A poet.....

just like YOU!!!!

"clickity clack clickity clack" sings my stillettos as I leave the stage...
minds affixed on the words, I just left in their ears.

No comments:

Post a Comment