Monday, October 26, 2009

Car Pool

I just want to take the time to say I love you.
Though I can not do anything about it, well
because after you, life took me down a different path.
And though we have met again in this intersection,
I'd like to follow you, trail you, go wherever you go....
But I am hitched to the tow truck ahead, so I follow him.
And unless you have the paperwork, he will not release me.
It's not an easy process.
For awhile now, you've followed us, and I have enjoyed you,
but we are not headed to the same destination are we??
Eventually we will have to part, say our goodbyes,
we will both wonder what if we never got divided by that old fork in the road many years ago.
We will wonder, probably everyday, until the feelings fade, if we would ever meet again, and more so if we will ever ride together again.
Whether we do or we don't...
I loved you then, I love you now...
I love you now.

No comments:

Post a Comment