Saturday, October 3, 2009

My Song and Dance


Standing in the woods
listening to the song
sung by the trees.
Pleading for me to dance,
for me to sway to their rhythm.

Brustling of the leaves
seeping inside of me...
I hum to their beat
Their beauty, my defeat.

Read, orange, and yellow
what a beautiful hue.
The wind blows and whistles:
"Let me dance with you!"

So we waltz to the the river,
The wind and I,
we sing to the grass,
we dance for the sky.

Those clouds of gray
roll in with such fury
Jealous of the trees and wind
They stare down at me,
as though to say:
When does our turn begin?


And so we rolled around
those old gray clouds and I....
A jig so beautiful
that those clouds began to cry.

Their tears made music
fall upon my face,
still I rolled with those clouds,
danced with the wind
and loudly, proudly sang the song of the trees.

Never in my life,
have I been so free....
this is our little secret.
Mother Nature and me.

No comments:

Post a Comment