Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Puppy love


Walk with me,
down that old gravel road,
and lets kick up the dust together.

Laugh as I sneeze over and again
endlessly:-)

Nervously take my hand and
interlace our fingers,
look me in the eyes...

and silently say:
I like you.

Let those butterflies
in our bellies
flutter together
in a land where its just you and I.

You and I.
You and I.
You..............
and
I...........

take me to that old brige
that crosses that old river.
Let's stop there bc you know
I have this undying fasination with water.

We'll talk and talk.
You and I,
as I pour out all of my secrets.
Things I'd normally lie about,
to anyone else.

But that smile, those eyes,
my truths just run like that old river.
Endlessly.

Oh, you want to go to that little playground now?
We can slide down that big slide!
Yes the one, I've always been afraid of...
because you make my fears go away.

We can swing on those old tire swings.
You can push me, or I can push you.
Perhaps we can push together
then jump on at the same time

then laugh at whoever should fall!

I try to stay clear from that old merri-go-round
because of the last time I pucked.
But if that's what you'd like,
Of course we can,
I'd go anywhere with you.

It looks as though the sun is setting.
Oh you wish to walk me home!?
Oh how embarrassing my little giggle is...

but with you I could not hide it.

Over this old bridge again...
Look at the orange and purple...
that has taken over that old river's hue.

Oh you'd like to sit?
Watch the sun set?
Well this time let's talk about you!

I'll sit and listen as you speak,
studying you,
learning you,
loving you.

Oh! The street lights are on,
I must make it home...
so we will race on down that gravel road...
and you shall eat my dust!!!

Well I am home now.
Thank you for such a lovely day.
Should I kiss Goodbye???

No kiss goodnight.."goodnight"
we say
and in the bed we lay.
He always brings out the kid in me:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment