Tuesday, September 29, 2009

A Story Told....and unveiled

A Story Told


She hangs off of the bridge hopelessly,
A stream of tears runs down her face...
falling into the river's current rushing beneath her feet.
There is no more to give, no more to take
No reason to live.

His hands touches hers...
with pain written all over his face.
Saving her is saving himself,
Though he'd rather just walk away...
There is this force making him stay.

"Why are you here!" She cried
All he can do is look into her eyes..
There he sees this girl with a smiling face,
Her spirit dances with his...
and together they fly.

Soaring high...
Looking at land from afar...perfectly in one peace
Together they could stay forever...
Divided, they...he couldn't imagine.

The young girl...eye's raging red
Hangs there confused wanting to let go.
"Leave me!", she yelled, "Leave me be."
He tries to speak...but mesmerised
by her eyes..he swallows hard.

"I love you", calmly, he says.
"And although I wish I didn't, I do."
She stare back at him hurting...
however; it is not her that he sees.

Back in that perfect place
He envisions the two of them
Dancing on the cloud..
singing aloud...
No one but them two.

The sun always shined,
even when there were rain showers,
nothing ever turned into a storm.
He had she and she had him.
Even on their coldest nights, they were warm.

She is now torn...
"Well don't. Don't love me
Go on your way and I'll go mine,
We are through, we are done.
You will get over me with time"

He knows what she is saying is true
But something other than himself just will not let her free...
"Tell me," he says "What do you see...
When you look at me."

She looks and becomes lost in his eyes...
The rain stops and the sun smiles down on them.
He holds her hand and vows forever.
"Forever and ever" to be exact,
"We'll stay here forever, and never go back."

He looks down at her hopeful,
she looks back at him burdened...
"But how..."she asks..."can we?"
Rain pouring heavily over them...
making their hands slippery...
He says...

This other guy steps in his vision
and he hears her laughter...
though he can't see her face,
he feels her presence....
and her presence in him was dying

He feels himself falling,
as he screams her name
she turns in shame
She with he..he who is NOT him.

So many questions flood his thoughts
but fast he is falling.
Falling to an unknown depth he looks up
looking at her watching as he descends.

On that bridge ...
water slides between their fingers.
His grip lightens up as furry reads across his face
"I know" she say,
"Now let me go."

No longer in that perfect place
where the sun forever shined.
No longer in that comfortable state
where he could say "Forever Mine"

"I want to let go," he said,
"but I love you,
and my love is stronger
than anything you could ever do to me."

She began to speak, but he stopped her.

"Now I will not play the fool,
nor will I allow you to play me,
but if you love me like I love you
then we can and WILL work this out
and nothing like this will EVER happen again.
And in saying you do, I do not have to pull you up,
because you will VOLUNTARILY come off of this bridge,
and back to me.

She looked at him
with love in her eyes,
but doubt in her heart...and said

"I do not have doubt in us....
but I do not feel worthy of you,
for all that you are and stand for
it kills me to know that you loved me so...
and I hurt you..betrayed you...
For him, I let you go.

"For all of this is true, but if you love me truly..
I can forgive you, and you should forgive you too.
You do not owe me a thing, except for your word...
you heart..you love...your truths...
if it is genuinly for me."
and with that he let her go.

Tears poured intemperately,
her eyes closed, her heart opened...
her hands let go of the bridge...
and she was lifted, landing next to...

Looking up at her husband
Although, not in that perfect place
where the sun shined always,
with time they both knew they'd return.

They'd fly there again, hand in hand
heart in heart...with time, they would heal.




*What's lost
can be found
What goes up
Will come down
Where there is he
There is me
and no one shall ever come in between.*








A Story Told....Unveiled

In this poem each party reflects back to their relationship prior to the infidelity.
This poem is symbolic.

The bridge= Their relationship
**Never was she actually attempting to jump off an actual bridge in attempt to kill herself..but it symbolizes bringing an end to the relationship.

Stanza 1 line 1- She hangs off of the bridge hopelessly
is the same as "hangin by a piece of thread in the relationship"...On the verge to ending the relationship.

Stanza2 line 1- When he grabs her hand indicates that he isn't ready to give up and is holding on to their relationship.

The perfect place=Their Feelings.
There is no actual "perfect place" it is how they envision their relationship.

Stanza 9...Line 1 The sun always shines- indicates they are always happy with one another.
Line 2&3 Even when there are rain showers...Nothing turns into a storm- indicates that even when there are disagreements and troubled times, they work them out and doesn't let them escalate.


Stanza 13 Line 4- Rain pouring heavily over them- symbolizes the guilt and pain between the two, indicating that they are no longer in that perfect place, and their relationship is in trouble.

Stanza 14 lines 2-3- He hears her laughter..but can't see her face- this symbolizes his SUSPICION...that he FELT something was wrong before he KNEW something was wrong...and lines 4-5 goes on to explan that by simply saying it doesn't feel the way it used to.

Stanza 15 line 1- He feels himself fallin.
**If you recall in Stanza 4&5 line 1 Together they could stay forever...Divided, he couldn't imagine"
Well stanza 15 line 1- he feels himself falling even before he KNOWS of her infidelity...because they are drifting apart and no longer in that 'perfect place"

She turns in shame...she is with he ...he who is not him...is when she is caught with the man who is not her husband.

From this point on I think you will understand the rest. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment